POSITION DESCRIPTION : ADMINISTRATOR
The Administrator is responsible to the Board of Directors to ensure that Bouchercon functions well and effectively. The Administrator will report directly to the Chair of Bouchercon, or designee.
This is a part-time position requiring an average of 20-25 hours per week, or as directed by the Chair of Bouchercon, or designee. The Administrator is an “at will” employee and serves at the pleasure of the Board of Directors.
The Administrator provides: support to Board standing committees; assists with crafting policy development language for the Board of Directors; and, may provide general assistance to upcoming Bouchercon LOCs.
1. Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Board of Directors under the direction of the Board Chair
including managing a calendar of Board deadlines and events.
2. Composes and prepares Bouchercon correspondence as directed by the Board of Directors.
3. Coordinates all meetings for the Board of Directors and may provide and assist with meeting follow-up coordination with
4. Coordinates with the annual host Bouchercon Chair (s) to ensure meetings required by the Bouchercon Bylaws are
scheduled and held during a Bouchercon convention.
5. Coordinates with the host LOC, the General Membership meeting according to Bouchercon Bylaws and Rules including:
preparation of ballot/voting material, determination of the process and logistics for vote counting, and the provision of
6. Works closely with the Board Chair to track upcoming board commitments and responsibilities, including program/policy
decisions, and follow up.
7. Under the direction of the Board Chair, with input from the Board of Directors, coordinates and conducts the David
Thompson award process leading to the determination of an awardee.
8. Maintains all books, records and corporate records.
9. Assist in the compilation of financial reports as required for the budget, tax submission or Board of Directors regular
10: Provides all new Board Members with a Board notebook when they take office. Each notebook contains Board contact
information, previous year’s minutes, most recent Board Committee reports and any other materials the Board may deem
necessary. Person ensures that these materials are reviewed and updated annually.
11. Makes, or causes to be made, updates to the Bouchercon website as necessary.
12 . Performs any additional duties or responsibilities as assigned from time to time by the Board of Directors or the Chair of
SALARY: Salary to be based on the level of experience.
Communication Skills: Ability to communicate clearly with all levels of the organization and membership. Writes clearly and informatively, editing work for spelling and grammar. Varies writing style to meet needs and presents numerical/financial data accurately.
Computer Skills: Working knowledge of Zoom (or other group platform),Word, Power Point, Outlook and Excel. Ability to create, or have created: professional reports, organization charts, diagrams and graphs. Comfortable using various e-mail programs including Groups.io.
Personal Characteristics: An effective self-starter with creative problem-solving skills who can perform a variety of work with minimal direction. Person has strong interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to multi-task and maintain a sense of humor during stressful situations.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality. Person is able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects within deadlines set, with minimal supervision.
Analytical - Collects and researches data and can present financial and administrative information in an accurate manner and understandable format.
Cultural Sensitivity – Respects and encourages cultural diversity and participation in Bouchercon programs and plans.